Tuesday 13 November 2012

Ethiopia - Wildlife

I've recently returned from a fortnight in Ethiopia (for my honeymoon!).  Although photography wasn't the main focus, I took the following kit out with me:
  • Canon 5D Mark III
  • Canon 5D Mark III Manual (camera was only a week old!)
  • Canon 70-200 L f/2.8 IS II
  • Canon 1.4x extender II
  • Canon 24-105 L IS
  • Sandisk memory cards (lots)
The objective was to return from the trip, not only with my wife, marriage and photography equipment intact, but also hopefully some nice images of the trip.  In particular, I wanted to get images of the following endemic (only found in Ethiopia) wildlife:
The first two I'd hopefully see during a (very exhausting!) four day trek in the Simien Mountains; the wolves I was hoping to see in the much more accessible Sanetti Plateau in the Bale Mountains, towards the South of the country.

With very limited time (there was plenty of other things to see and do in Ethiopia), I obviously didn't have time to wait for the perfect shot/light, but please find below a link to the images I did capture (YouTube compression really doesn't do justice to the image quality from the 5D)





I'll write another post soon with impressions of the 5D Mark III.


No comments:

Post a Comment