Canon have come up with something groundbreaking here - a brand new 50.6MP CMOS sensor sat inside one of two bodies the 5DS and 5DS R.
The specifications include:
- 50.6 MP CMOS full-frame sensor
- Dual DIGIC 6 processors
- 150K Pixel RGB+IR Metering Sensor
- Up to 5.0 Frames Per Second
- 61-point AF
- Cropped Shooting (1.3x and 1.6x cropped shooting modes produce 30.5 and 19.6 megapixel files)
- USB 3.0
- Mirror Vibration Control System
- Interval Timer Shooting
Prices for the body are around £2999 at time of writing.
More details are available here.
Canon 5DS R
The 5DS R is almost identical to the 5DS, but a "...low-pass cancellation filter enhances the clarity and sharpness of the high-resolution images with minimal risk of artifacts".
|Canon 5DS R|
It's priced at £3,199.
There are more details available here.