Nikon have launched a couple of new zoom lenses.
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
DX format 16.7x zoom lens with versatile 18-300mm focal length (FX/35mm equivalent: 27 to 450mm)
Vibration Reduction II (VR II) stabilization system enables more flexible hand-held shooting and lets you use shutter speeds that are up to 4 stops slower.
Maximum aperture of f/5.6 at the telephoto end of the range.
Zoom-lock switch keeps the lens secure when not in use.
9-blade rounded diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements blend together smoothly.
Three ED glass and three aspherical lens elements ensure high resolution and superior contrast.
SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for fast, whisper-quiet autofocus.
Compact and lightweight design for a lens with this range.
More information here.
AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR
- FX-format standard zoom lens with 24–85mm focal range (36–127.5mm when used with a Nikon DX-format SLR).
- Vibration Reduction (VRII) system enables more stable handheld shooting and lets you shoot at shutter speeds up to four stops slower.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating greatly reduces ghosting and flare and ensures outstanding color reproduction.
- Designed specifically for use with Nikon FX-format digital SLR sensors.
- ED (extra-low dispersion) glass and three aspherical lens elements ensure high resolution and contrast while minimizing aberrations and distortions.
- SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for quiet and accurate autofocus.
- Two focus modes: M/A (manual-priority autofocus) and M (manual focus).
- Lightweight and compact body.
- Weather-sealed rubber lens mount.