Canon have launched new firmware for its new 5D Mark III DSLR. Changes are:
- Supports the single focal length EF40mm f/2.8 STM lens that is to be released at the end of June 2012.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which an image may become underexposed when using the Auto Lighting Optimizer for continuous Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) shooting.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the backlight of the LCD monitor may not turn off depending on the camera settings and timing.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera's power may not turn on when a super-telephoto lens (*1) is mounted to the camera with an extender (*2). (*1) The EF300mm f/2.8L IS II USM or EF400mm f/2.8L IS II USM lenses. (*2) The Extender EF1.4x III or Extender EF2x III.
- Corrects mistakes in the Dutch, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, and Swedish menu screens.
Firmware available here.