The EOS-1D X sees the amalgamation of the two Canon EOS-1 series lines, and becomes the new flagship model in the Canon EOS DSLR range. Amongst the camera’s standout specifications are a high ISO sensitivity that’s the highest ISO yet available in any camera, Dual “DIGIC 5+” processors that offer two stops of noise processing benefit in comparison to the DIGIC 4 processors used in the EOS-1D Mark IV, better low light AF performance to EV -2, and a DIGIC 4 processor dedicated to the camera’s AE system.
The EOS-1D X’s impressive specifications include:
- An 18.1 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor.
- A newly developed high-precision AF system with 61 user selectable AF points, 41 of which are cross-type points, and five dual cross-type points for extra precision.
- A standard ISO range of 100 to 51,200 with three expansion settings – for ISO 50, 102,400 and 204,800.
- Dual “DIGIC 5+” processors for fast image processing to deliver 18.1 Megapixel images at up to 12fps as standard and up to 14fps with super High Speed continuous.
- Zone, Spot and AF Expansion focusing modes, plus subject type AF presets.
- A 100,000-pixel RGB AE sensor with 252-zone metering powered by a dedicated DIGIC 4 processor.
- +/-5 stops of exposure compensation.
- A high-magnification transparent LCD viewfinder with 100% coverage with intelligent viewfinder display.
- Super short 36ms shutter lag option.
- 30-1/8000sec shutter speed range.
- An 8.11cm (3.2”), 1.04 million pixel Clear View II LCD screen.
- Full HD EOS Movie shooting with Inter frame or Intra frame compression.
- Auto creation of new movie file once 4GB file limit reached.
- Timecode setting for HD movie shooting.
- Manual audio level control with live level meters and adjustment during recording.
- An improved EOS Integrated Cleaning System (EICS).
- Dual CF card slots.
- Touch-pad control area for silent setting adjustment during movie recording.