Sunday 15 February 2009

London - a Winter Wonderland

A couple of weeks ago, London had the worst snow in 20 years. Frankly, it wasn't a lot, but as the centre of London tends to be a few degrees warmer than the surrounding countryside, it was rare for it to settle as much as it did. The night before Londoners used the snow as an excuse to stay at home, I managed to get out with my tripod and camera. Most shots were a write-off, as there was so much snow blowing into the lens, but a couple of shots made it - and I'm pleased to say they've been accepted on Alamy.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting stuff into Alamy. Is that you in the ghostly shot or a random passer by? Looks spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrew,

    It was a random passer-by who stopped to take a photo of the view with a P&S camera. He wasn't being very considerate towards me standing in my shot, but frankly, did me a favour in the end, as it makes the shot more interesting!

    Richard.

    ReplyDelete